The Inquirer seeks to appoint a Finance Director, a key member of the Board of Trustees/Directors. The Finance Director works closely with the administrator and the Editor, and alongside members of the Board (all volunteers), liaising closely with the Chair, to ensure the smooth and effective administration of financial operations. The administrator undertakes the day-to-day tasks relating to financial running of the company, including book-keeping.
We are looking to appoint a Finance Director, who will:
- oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice;
- ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place;
- monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation;
- oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits;
- supervise and support any paid employees or contractors (as appropriate), in liaison with the Chair;
- be an active member of the Board, including attending three meetings a year.
Expressions of interest in the post should include a CV and covering letter demonstrating how they meet the person specification.
Applications and informal enquiries about the post should be sent via e-mail to: Phil Tomlin, Chair of the Board: email@example.com.